YOUR FARMER AND DESIGNER
My family and I have tended this acre, in the suburbs of Northern Virginia, for the past 13 years and have seen it flourish. My three crazy and wild kids, 18, 14, and 12; don’t worry you’ll meet them too, are always along for the ride. And, of course, the one and only hubby, Phil, of two decades; omg, two decades seems nuts, is my right-hand man. I couldn’t do and wouldn’t want to do anything without him! I also can’t leave out my biggest fan; @jackeschroeder; I don’t need to tell any of you how amazing this mother is!
My whole life of being a creator and artist has led me here. From my old dance days; my young adult years as a professional knitter; transitioning into parenthood while being a graphic and web designer; raising children while rebuilding and designing a home; to finding my love of the dirt and working in the studio!
My love of both the planet and earth comes together with my passion for creativity. Farming, harvesting, and arranging the best in season, fresh, and safe blooms is what I bring you directly from my home studio!
I know how much joy flowers bring to people's lives. They are the representation of one’s emotions, love, caring, compassion, and even condolence. I invite you to share with the people you love, and the love for yourself, local blooms designed by your neighbor and grown right here in Gainesville VA.
To learn more about my background and where I am heading read this article published in Haymarket Gainesville Lifestyle Magazine July 2022 Issue
1. I’m funny crazy. Well, my husband thinks I’m too serious but who could compare to him? I can get pretty serious in the midst of a project but please bring the funny! I need to laugh, always!
5. The Shenandoah Mountains are a magical place. A place we truly love to be in. But whether it is the Shenandoah's or not, the mountains are our favorite place to be to relax and get rejuvenated.
2. I believe that we all have a voice and that voice should shine in all that we are and all that surrounds us. I care that you and I find the best ways to show that voice through ingenuousness. I passionately design only me and uniquely me!
3. We only have one planet. This planet we call earth was here long before us, and will be here long after us; well that's the hope. Even in the suburbs; suburbs cover a large amount of land; we can give back to mother nature and she can provide a bounty! You would be shocked at how much bounty mother nature can give from only one little suburban acre.
4. Its all about the flowers but we also raise chickens and rabbits. They serve multiple purposes but for farm sake, they give us the needed soil nutrients to make our blooms the biggest winners.